bout

Monday, October 12, 2009

Coffee Syrups


Autumn's Embrace
~
Spiced Coffee Syrup

(Tastes like pumpkin Spice)

1 cup Sugar
½ cup Water
2 t Cinnamon
2 t Vanilla Extract
½ t Nutmeg
2 whole Cloves (or a teeny pinch of ground {teeny!})
2 slices of fresh ginger (cut each about the size of a looney)

-Measure all ingredients and pour into a sauce pan
-Heat on medium high four about four minutes
-Remove ginger and cloves
-Done!

~I recommend 1 Tbsp per cup of coffee

*Be careful not to overcook, as you will make caramel!

I love coffee syrups! Coffee alone isn't too appealing to me anymore, I guess I'm spoiled...
. Starbuck's 'Frou Frou' drinks have paved the way to the everyday treat in my life and I'm addicted. Unfortunately, I can't afford the daily habit. So I started to buy their coffee syrups direct for ten dollars a bottle. This began adding up too. What's a girl to do? Coffee with cream and sugar all of a sudden seems naked!

I have a couple of friends on facebook who share my addiction. They couldn't contain their excitement now that Starbucks 'Pumpkin Spice' Latte has returned. I made the trip to enjoy this seasonal delight. While I tasted and enjoyed the moment , I found myself desiring a more rich 'pumpkin punch'.

That got me thinking...Hey, I could try to make my very own. The quest was set. And two days, three tries and three testing people later the master recipe has been made. Give the recipe a go. It's rich, sweet, spicy, and Mmmm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment