bout

Monday, October 12, 2009

TACO SPICE


Tacos are a favorite out here. And those little 'taco seasoning' packets are kinds pricey for what you get. They're also full of fillers and preservatives. I found this recipe on ALL RECIPES. Since trying it I will never go back to those meager little packets.

I add this spice mix into my ground beef once it's cooked. About 2-3 Tablespoons per pound. Try this with my fresh salsa recipe and the regular fixings' (cheese lettuce and sour cream) MMMmmm! For future fast dinners I like to cook four pounds of ground beef at a time. I spice it up, eat 1 lb for supper (I share with family of course!) and freeze the rest in three separate containers for later.

Taco Spice Medley

4 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons ground cumin
4 teaspoon sea salt
4 teaspoon black pepper

This is plenty to last you a while. I mix it in a little zip lock container for dinner on the fly.
It also tastes nice in -Chili (recipe to come!)
-Mexican salad dressing (recipe to come!)
-Spice rubs for Chicken beef and pork
-Marinades

Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment