bout

Monday, October 12, 2009

Mista Salsa




I love salsa. Fresh, sour &spicy. You can use it for many things. Top a chicken breast. Serve as an appetizer with corn chips. Stir it into tortilla soup. The best part is it's healthy for you! I'm sure you've noticed I've already posted a salsa recipe. I just can't help myself, this one is great and unique on it's own. I make it with my Mista salad dressing. Saves some effort in making this pleasure.

Mista Salsa

4 Tomatoes diced
2 Tbs Onion minced (red looks nice)
½ cup Loosely packed cilantro
2 Tbs of Mista salad dressing (posted below)

*Mix all ingredients

Want some heat?

-Option 1 -1 minced a jalapeƱo (wear rubber gloves or you hands will burn for a very long time)
-Option 2 -1/4tsp of cayenne pepper
-Option 3- ½ tsp Sambal Oolek (hot chili paste)

Back in the day, before I had kids, I used to work at Red Robins (a family restaurant). I was taking my break one day, in the employee room, when my boss, we'll call him buddy passed by to use the 'facilities'. Not 2 seconds later, I heard him scream.

'What the heck' I thought. It's pretty unusual for a guy to scream.....Especially in the washroom.

He came out a minute later, and curiosity got the best of me. I looked at him, with my one eyebrow raised.
“So”
I began,
“What happened?”

He looked down at the floor, his face going red and replied
“I was just cutting jalapeƱos”
and pointed down there
“It kind of burns”..

...So take a lesson from buddy, always where gloves while cutting hot peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment