bout

Monday, October 12, 2009

Breakfast


Breakfast


I went to Glen's fruit truck yesterday. He shows up every Friday from 9-3 here in Cochrane, coming all the way from B.C. I'm jealous of their nice warm climate, with a satisfying full summer season. They grow the most amazing fruits and vegetables. I bought a cantaloupe that was double the size of a regular one. Usually I buy these at the grocery store. They can be overipe or not ripe enough. I've never found the knack to pick the perfect cantaloupe....Until yesterday. Manny came up to me with his big hazel puppy dog eyes and begged me to buy one. I hesitated, because the grocery store ones are cheaper. And I can be cheap. But his darling look won me over and I carried it over to the scale with a heavy arm load of other fruits and vegetables.

We brought the behemoth home. And Tiana and Arrie were delighted to find it on the counter. I promptly sliced it up and cut little slits down the wedge, so when you bite into the middle you can bend it and it doesn't make a big mess of your face.

Oh My!

The most delicious, juicy, sweet, and tasty cantaloupe I have ever eaten. Everyone in the family agrees. Lucky for me the cantaloupe was so big I had enough to eat for breakfast. The picture is so beautiful, I can't help myself but share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment